Simply put, it’s all about focusing on what you do as Team Manager, how you go about working with others to get things done, and how your personality impacts your leadership style! Since 1990, organizations around the world have used the TEAM MANAGER DEVELOPMENT CENTER (TMDC) to provide their employees with individualized, objective assessments and development counseling in 12 critical leadership competencies. Participants live the life of a Team Manager in this highly interactive, personalized, simulation-based program as two highly skilled coaches observe their performance a;nd provide feedback. The main objectives of TMDC can be defined by the following…
- to learn the expectations and standards for the role of the Team Manager
- to participate in simulation-based learning activities such as group meetings, one-on-one interactions, inbox assignments, interruptions, and role-playing
- to personally reflect and analyze own strengths and areas for development with the facilitation of a personal coach
- to receive objective third-party feedback of leadership abilities based on 12 competencies and to receive results of the NEO-PI-R(TM) instrument
- to create individual development plans focusing on strengths and areas needing development, and tied to back-home work requirements
- to receive a Leadership Profile and Plan of Development and a “Tips & Techniques” booklet
- to participate in a follow-up conference call with a participant, manager, and TMDC coach
We have scheduled TMDC’s coming up in 2019 in both Charleston as well as Columbia. In Charleston, SC on-board the USS Yorktown:
- May 21-23, 2019 (Tues-Thurs)
- June 25-27, 2019 (Tues-Thurs)
- Oct 22-24, 2019 (Tues-Thurs)
- Jan 29-31, 2019 (Tues-Thurs)
- Feb 19-21, 2019 (Tues-Thurs)
- Mar 19-21, 2019 (Tues-Thurs)
- Apr 23-25, 2019 (Tues-Thurs)
- Sept 24-26, 2019 (Tues-Thurs)
- Nov 19-21, 2019 (Tues-Thurs)
Additionally, we can work with you to arrange your company-specific TMDC. You get:
- Techniques to effectively respond to unique or specific challenges that exist in your organization today.
- A common leadership language among your leaders.
- A core group of leaders who understand the lessons of the TMDC and can provide ongoing support and encouragement to one another when they return to work.
- Partnership development with sister plants or other local business by co-hosting a TMDC.
Want to learn more? Just get in touch here and we’ll find the best solution for your organizations